I had to return a flip camera by 2PM so I had to leave at 1PM to run and get it, and then return afterwards. Before I left I ensured that we had a shot lit. Me and Amy both lit a shot of Lucy (Forrest) sat at the desk.This had some issues as we had to keep shadows as minimal as possible, so I basically became the lighting technician for this shoot. I left at 1PM and got back by 2PM to find the lights moved to one side. It seemed that they had decided to use a mixture of natural light and artificial light.
We split into two units when I got back with me and Amy working on the scenes with Lucy whereas Hannah and Isabelle worked with Callum. Amy set up the shots while I lit them. Most of the shoot was completed by the time I returned, so the only shots I really had a hand in was the scene where Lucy is in the kitchen getting milk out of the fridge, and getting the postcard from under the door.
I set up a light, and got the postcard half in shadow, focusing the barn doors to create the effect. In the kitchen I ensured that Lucy was well lit and the stuff around her was darkened so as to not leave dead space on the shot.
In hindsight, I cannot really comment much, as I missed a fair amount of filming. However the fact that Amy had only thirty takes in total on her camera, and Hannah (who used her own camera as well) used her's less, which leads me to assume she has about twenty takes at most. This leaves fifty shots, and though they are small sequences, I am strongly concerned that pickups will be required once we get down to the hard editing.
The plan now is that Billy will be putting the shots in sequence, and we will all come in and out to look at it. Then once we are fixed on the sequence, each of us will be editing sections we filmed and feel strongly about, so for me that will be the sequence when Callum is watching Lucy from behind a tree.
Below are stills from the days shoot.
![]() |
| Light on kitchen scene |
![]() |
| Another light on kitchen scene |
![]() |
| Dolly and Light Stand |
![]() |
| Set Dressing |
![]() |
| Amy Silks First shot outside station |
![]() |
| Shooting Lucy with milk |






No comments:
Post a Comment